A uniquely South Australian experience, The Murray River Walk is 4 day and 3 night guided journey that reveals a mighty riverâs past and its innovative future, where each day your lodge style houseboat accommodation cruises to your daily walking destination. Nightly you'll relax as your guides prepare 3 course meals, showcasing local produce and Riverland wines.
You will experience nature and learn about the significance of the surrounding environment. Relax and recharge with a foot soak in the river, a hot shower and a top deck spa. Dine on 3 courses of superb local Riverland produce, with the menu designed by a renowned native food chef, Andrew Fielke. Pure indulgence - nature at it's best, easy gentle walks, luxury accommodation, local food & wine, access to the walking route being exclusive to our guides from 'Murray River Walk' ... this experience is unique in every way!
The Murray River Walk guides are the heart and soul of the walking experience, sharing with you interesting stories of the Murray River from the time of Charles Sturt's expeditions to new stewardship of the river environment.
● Guided walking through ancient red gum forests and spectacular floodplain wetlands.
● Journey through the Riverland Ramsar Wetland of International Importance, renowned for its waterbirds, red gum forests and the nationally threatened Southern bell frog and the Regent parrot.
● Encounters with Red and Grey Kangaroos, emus, black swans and pelicans are common
● 179 bird species have been recorded, including the spectacular Red-capped Robin and mischievous Fairywrens.
● Waterfowl, spoonbills, ibis and egrets, and new water triggers a cacophony of frogs calling.
● Flowering Eucalypts, wattles and emu bush dwarf the pretty pink carpets of flowering âpigfaceâ.
● Guided cruises on meandering creeks and the Murray River.
● Experience nature and learn the stories of the Riverland Wetland of International Importance.
● Be greeted at the completion of your day with a refreshing beverage at the campfire.
● Modern houseboat accommodation, moving along the river to welcome you after your hike each day.
● Relax and recharge with a foot dip in the river, a hot shower and a top deck spa.
● Dine on 3 courses of superb Riverland cuisine - menus designed by a renowned native food chef.
● Savour local brews, Riverland wine and cider, Riverland roasted coffee and local chocolate.
● Each bedroom has superb river views.
Depart Renmark with a morning cruise along the Murray River. Begin your walking journey and discover the varying ecosystems of the floodplain. Complete the day by watching sunset ignite the ochre coloured cliffs.
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Experience sunrise over the river valley with an optional pre-dawn walk. Following an oxbow, view waterbirds and kangaroos in the morning light before walking through a red gum forest.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Discover the Chowilla Environmental Regulator and learn about the emergence of new river stewardship programs. Celebrate completing the walking leg of the journey.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Begin with an optional self-guided walk before taking the journey to the Wilkadene Woolshed Brewery for a tour and tasting followed by lunch.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Twin Share Accommodation each night on a modern comfortable 10 berth houseboat.
Knowledgeable and capable guides.
A 34L Day Pack with good waist support, a 1 Litre drinking water bottle, small thermos for hot drinks and a walking pole for the duration of the walk.
All food and beverages including a 3 course meal each night, breakfasts, lunches and snacks.
Full first aid equipment, UHF Radios and a satellite phone.
Flights to/from Adelaide
Personal Travel Insurance
Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
Items of a personal nature
- Trip Notes provided upon booking
Adelaide is the gateway to exploring regional South Australia.The Murray River Walk starts in Renmark and is an easy 3.5 hour drive from Adelaide Airport or a 1.5 hour drive from Mildura Airport.For self drive or private bus transfers, please view our transfer options servicing both Mildura and Adelaide.
We'll meet our Murray River Walk Guides at the Renmark Hotel in Renmark on the morning of the 21st September, where we start our journey. If you are driving, secure car parking is provided.
Dine and relax each night aboard a modern comfortable houseboat configured with 5 rooms (each room sleeps a max of 2 ladies and unless you are travelling with a friend, we will include you in our room draw, which means you'll be sharing with another solo female traveller), 2 shared bathrooms with hot showers, a spacious lounge, modern kitchen and top deck area with SPA and spectacular views.
Mobile phone reception is poor although mobile phone cameras can be charged on the houseboat.
The boat moves each day to your daily walking destination.All linen is provided. Leave your belongings in your room each day as the houseboat will travel to your daily walking destination.Each night you will dine aboard the houseboat on a superb local menu designed by our consultant chef, renowned native food pioneer Andrew Fielke. We are happy to cater to any medical dietary requirements you may have. We can assist with Accommodation options before or after Murray River Walk.
The accommodation providers we recommend provide us with a special offer on accommodation pre/post walk. This information will be provided to you in your Information Pack on booking.
Our walking pace is designed to relax you and allow you to enjoy the diverse river landscapes, the wildlife and the people you are walking with. Thereâs plenty of time to take photos and savour the view.
A superb 3 course dinner paired with wine is a treat at the end of a day's walking - All inclusive.
Local Riverland fare is the feature of a three course menu designed by renowned native food chef Andrew Fielke and prepared and served by your guides. We are happy to cater to any medical dietary requirements you may have, please notify at time of booking.
Murray River Walk operates between May 1st and September 30th in the cooler autumn, winter and spring weather. Sunny days are typical in the Riverland during this period.
Mean maximum/minimum temperatures (degrees Celsius) are:August (18/6), September (21/8)
Murray River Walk is an easy to moderate 40km walk - relatively flat with 2 gentle cliff climbs up and down a 40 metre rise.
Notice of cancellation must be in writing, with an email as an acceptable form of communication, directly to Adventurous Women with the following conditions:
No refund is available after departure of a tour has commenced.
Please ensure you read our complete cancellation policy before booking