Join your host Chris for hike training with a difference. This adventure will be held over two consecutive days, ideal for those who are planning on doing a multiday hike.
Weâ€™ll be starting our first day walking from Mt Coot-tha Summit and making our way following Ithaca and Enoggera Creeks, through parks and on bike ways to the start of the Kedron Brook. Today weâ€™ll be walking approximately 14 kms.
Weâ€™ll stop for morning tea and cake in a park along the way to revive the legs. then finish the morning at our meeting point and the cars. Home to return again the next morning.
Weâ€™ll return to start our walk at the beginning of the Kedron Brook and follow this through to the mangroves at Nudgee Beach. Today weâ€™ll be walking approximately 18 kms where the Brook flows into Moreton Bay.
Weâ€™ll be met at the end with a welcome cuppa and yes more cake!
Please add additional time each day for carpooling and a cuppa
If bringing a pack please ensure it has a supportive waist band and we recommend no more than 10kgs of weight for beginners.
Bottles of water are a great weight as they're easy to measure 1L =1Kg and if you're finding it too heavy can be tipped out to reduce your weight
Toilets are available close to our start point
● Enjoy training sessions amongst the beautiful trees
● Increase your hiking techniques and fitness
● Gain tactics to become adventure fit
● Get in training for a multi-day hike
Adventurous Women® Walk Host, Chris
Cuppa and cake
Photos of your day
- Minimum 2 litres of water / day
- Hiking Boots or trail runners as we will be walking on a lot of hard surfaces.
- First Aid - blister care.
- Nutritional snacks, fruit.
- Sun protection. Day 2 will be open and exposed.
Notice of cancellation must be in writing, with an email as an acceptable form of communication, directly to Adventurous Women with the following conditions:
No refund is available after departure of a walk or tour has commenced.