Join our action packed Act-Belong-Commit Women's Adventure Day - Gain confidence, make new friends, try something different, feel supported and nurtured in your experience.
As a proud community partner of Act-Belong-Commit and as part of our ongoing commitment in encouraging women to be active, have a sense of belonging and to promote mental & physical health, we're heading outdoors this November for a full day of adventure based activities!
You will have the opportunity to choose between rock climbing, where you'll test your strength, learn to belay, climbing techniques and communication before abseiling down to solid ground ......Or if testing your strength is not your thing, how about acting out as Robin Hood for a while and learning the art of Archery ... great for hand eye coordination, relaxation, conserving energy for the next activity and having a giggle while learning a new skill!
We split into two groups to enjoy either one of these activities for the first 1.5 hours, followed up with a break before re-grouping all together for our next activity which is Raft Building. Raft building is a great group bonding experience, as we'll work in teams to plan, assess risk, learn skills to build a raft from different materials and then we'll see if they actually work!
By this time, you'll be ready for your well earned lunch break! Believe me .... you'll need to fuel up for our next adventure, which is sure to get the Adrenalin pumping!! Whoo hooo.... here we go, it's all together for the Commando Course and it's time to get DIRTY!!! This one is all about playing in the mud, cargo nets, tunnels, balancing challenges, problem solving and team work ... most of all it's sure to be a big barrel of laughs!
Afterwards we clean ourselves up, before joining together in the dining room to finish out our day with a nice cuppa and a sweet treat baked by AW Chef, Brad.
Fully qualified and knowledgeable activity instructors
Adventurous Women® Group Host
Public Liability Insurance
Lunch (including fruit to finish)
Tea, Coffee, Milo
Yummy afternoon tea prepared by Chef Brad
Photo's of the day
Items of a personal nature
Transport to/from activity
- Comfortable casual clothing for all activities (T Shirts, Long Sleeve shirts, 3/4 or full length comfy pants)
- Old T-shirt and mid length or long length pants that can get wet/ muddy (Commando Course)
- Enclosed shoes that can get wet/ muddy
- Spare pair of enclosed shoes to wear for the other activities & when in the dining room
- Towel x 2 (beach and bath)
- Rash Vest / Bathers / Hat / Sunscreen / Sunglasses
- Spare change of clothes including underwear
- Plastic bag for wet/ muddy shoes and clothes
- Toiletries - if you want to shower down after any activity or before going home (showers available)
- Small backpack, water bottle, energy snacks. (Lunch and afternoon tea provided)
Cancellation of a booking on this event up until 30 days prior to commencement - A full refund will be offered.
Cancellation 30 days or under, prior to commencement of the event - No Refund unless a replacement is found for you.
No refund is offered after commencement of the event.
Update 19th September 2019 - ** Due to PayPal changing their policy to now retain fees even when we issue a refund we will be forced to pass this along. This means both partial and full refunds will be less the full fee charged by PayPal