Looking to challenge yourself? Need to train for a long distance hike? This BIG DAY OUT on the BIBB could be right up your alley!!
Join us on a full day hike starting from The Perth Hills Discovery Centre, through Helena Campsite and return.
Distance: 23 km approx (estimated 8 hours including lunch break & short rest stops)
Terrain: Steep in many sections & lengthy in terms of day walks - Suitable for fit bush walkers only, those training for a long distance hike, or those looking to challenge themselves, as the pace of the walk is generally faster than our normal pace to enable the group to complete in the time frame given.
Meeting Time: 7.45 am for a 8.00am start
Meeting Point: Perth Hills Discovery Centre, 380 Allen Road, Mundaring
Limit of 12 places available.
● Helena Campsite with it's stunning views
● Flowing creeks & ferny gully's
● Mixed Jarrah & Wandoo Forest
● Grass Trees, Ferns, Wattle, Zamias just to name a few
● Stunning views over the valley
● Granite Outcrops and Boulders - great resting places
Experienced Bush Walking Guide
Comprehensive First Aid Kit
Insurances & PLB
Yummy Morning Tea
Photo's of your day on the trail
Transport to/from Perth Hills Discovery Centre (Contact us if you wish to car pool)
Lunch - (BYO)
- Minimum 3 litres of water
- Sturdy shoes/boots with good grip
- Sun Hat, Sunglasses, sunscreen (30+) and insect repellent
- Binoculars and camera (optional)
- Snacks and lunch
- Clothes to suit the activity and potential weather conditions including a water/windproof jacket
- Personal Medication/First Aid kit
- Walking Poles (optional)
- Tissues / Wet Ones (for toilet breaks in the bush)
- Something to carry your rubbish out (nothing gets left behind Leave No Trace)
Should you need to cancel
- Up to 7 Days Prior to Walk - A refund will be provided
- Under 7 Days Prior to the Walk - No Refund, unless we can fill your place.