Mt Seawah is the first of the massive coastal dunes of the Cooloola Sandmass. It is on the Cooloola Coast and is accessible via the Cooloola Great Walk from Noosa North Shore.
Its position commands excellent views of Boreen Point, Lake Cootharaba, Cooroora Mountain, the Noosa North Shore, Noosa Heads and Noosa National Park. Even though it is called a Mountain the fairly low elevation makes for a simple climb to spectacular views.
Along the sandy and generally flat track you may spot a variety of wildflowers including Christmas Bell, Coast Banksia, White Honeysuckle and Flannel Flowers. We will wander over heath clad plains, through coastal woodland & along a pristine golden beach.
There is a short climb up to Mt Seawah for the 360 degree views. It is here we will rest and enjoy our lunch (not provided) along with a cup of tea or coffee and a homemade treat (provided).
On our return journey, we will visit the little village of Teewah. Here we will enjoy a treat from the AW Pantry and a cuppa, before using one of the beach access points to head down to the sand. The outgoing tide will have left behind firm wet sand for us to walk on. We have the option of 2 re-entry points, both leading us to our vehicles.
● Views of Boreen Point, Lake Cootharaba, Cooroora Mountain, the Noosa North Shore, Noosa heads and Noosa National Park
● Visit to the village of Teewah only access by 4WD or foot
● 360 degree views from the summit of Mt Seawah
● Walk a section of the Cooloola Great Walk
● Wild Flowers including Christmas Bell, Coast Banksia, white Honeysuckle and Flannel Flowers
Adventurous Women® Walk Hosts, Caron & Kat
A treat from the AW Pantry a cuppa
Photos of our day
- Comfortable walking shoes
- A small day pack
- Water (minimum 3 litres recommended â€“ there is no access to drinking water during this adventure)
- Lunch and additional snacks
- Sun smart clothing and protection
- Insect repellent
- Personal First Aid kit (including blister prevention & a snake bite bandage are highly recommended)
- Money to contribute toward the ferry crossing
A reasonable level of fitness is required as it is a full day and we will be walking at a suitable endurance pace to ensure everyone stays together as a group.
Notice of cancellation must be in writing, with an email as an acceptable form of communication, directly to Adventurous Women with the following conditions:
No refund is available after departure of a walk or tour has commenced.
We will endeavour to