Limited to only 8 places
Fitness: This is a 5 hour activity which requires a moderate fitness level and the ability to carry a daypack with provided equipment and personal gear.
Medical: A medical form from Mt Barney will be sent to you after booking and MUST be completed in order to attend
Learn new skills while literally pushing yourself off the edge of a cliff on our awesome intermediate abseil day!
After meeting our climbing guide at Mt Barney Lodge at 8am, we will collect our equipment and enjoy a bushwalk and spectacular views as walk approximately 30 minutes to the site.
Along the way our guide will give us information on some of the plants we see, animal history and geology of the area.
Once we reach our abseiling site on the scenic slopes of one of the mountains located nearby we will start with an introduction before moving on to a number of abseils and working on improving the critical skills of knot tying and belaying as we challenge ourselves on an intermediate abseil route before walking back to the lodge around lunch time.
Morning tea will be enjoyed at the abseil site which boasts breath taking views of the surrounding mountains.
When booking please advise if you have abseiled before and if so what was the month/year of your last experience?
● Breath taking views
● Improve your core skills
● Information and history of the area
Adventurous Women® Host
Tea, coffee and morning tea
Ropes and other abseiling equipment
Flora and Fauna resources
Guide with current Wilderness First Aid
First aid kit
Toilet paper and shovel etc
Travel to the venue
- 25L backpack / daypack with:
- Sufficient water to suit the day (min 2L)
- Personal medication (clearly marked)
- Insect repellent
- Light-weight sturdy, breathable raincoat
- Headtorch + spare batteries
- Camera or Phone with camera plus waterproofing
- Shorts, leggings, or hiking/yoga pants - Do not wear jeans
- T-shirt or long-sleeved shirt
- Light-weight warm/fleece jacket (For cool mornings)
- Comfortable walking shoes (runners are fine)
Notice of cancellation must be in writing, with an email as an acceptable form of communication, directly to Adventurous Women with the following conditions: