Join us for a delightful hike throughout the Darling Range on the Bibbulmun Track between Perth Hills Discovery Centre and Hewett's Hill campsite.
The route we've chosen takes us via Mundaring Weir, weaving our way through mixed jarrah and banksia forest, before reaching South Ledge Picnic area. We then take the 400 metre return walk to Golden view Lookout where we'll enjoy amazing panoramic views over Lake CY O'Connor, the Mundaring Weir and the Helena River Valley. After having a break here we continue our walk onto Hewett's Hill Campsite which is officially the Number 1 campsite along the Bibbulmun Track from the Northern Terminus. We enjoy a rest and a bite to eat before returning along the same route back to the Perth Hills Discovery Centre.
The approximate time for this walk is 6 hours, however the walk may run over/under time depending upon the overall pace of the group. Please let our Guide know if you are on a time schedule.
How To Get There:
From Perth, drive along the Great Eastern Highway to Mundaring, turn right in Mundaring on to Mundaring Weir Rd, continue a further 7km to the round-about and turn left on to Allen Road. The Centre is approx 1km along Allen Road on the right.
16km return Terrain:Undulating/Medium Rating - Suitable for those with a good level of fitness and moderate bushwalking experience.
AW Guide - Sue O'Connor PH: 0403 781 803
If you'd like to join this walk, please click on the BOOK NOW button above
● Wildflowers (seasonal)
● Jarrah & Banksia Forest
● Golden Pipeline
● Historic Mundaring Weir Hotel
● Mundaring Weir
● Golden View Lookout - Stunning panoramic views
Experienced Bush Walking Guide
Comprehensive First Aid Kit
Insurances & PLB
Yummy Morning Tea
Photo's of your day on the trail
Transport to/from Perth Hills Discovery Centre (Contact us if you wish to car pool)
Lunch - (BYO)
- Minimum 2 - 3 litres of water
- Sturdy shoes/boots with good grip
- Sun Hat, Sunglasses, sunscreen (30+) and insect repellent
- Binoculars and camera (optional)
- Clothes to suit the activity and potential weather conditions including a water/windproof jacket
- Personal Medication/First Aid kit
- Walking Poles (optional)
- Tissues / Wet Ones (for toilet breaks in the bush)
- Something to carry your rubbish out (nothing gets left behind Leave No Trace)
No refund is available after the walk has been paid for unless we can find a replacement for you.