This 14 kilometre trail meanders through the coastal plain vegetation, passing by historic bunkers and offering panoramic views from the sea to the scarp. The limestone outcrops punctuate the vegetation which is sure to delight and Kangaroo sightings are certainly a possibility on this trail.
After the walk, you may choose to stay on and enjoy a cuppa or even a late lunch at the Tea Rooms, enjoy a coldy in the beer garden at the Yanchep Inn, or perhaps explore the National Park some more, .... it's beautiful and has so much to offer the visitor.
Distance: Approx 14km in total (estimated 5-6 hours including rest breaks)
Terrain: Fairly flat bush track, sandy and rocky in some places however easy to navigate - moderate level of fitness required.
Meeting Point: Out the front of McNess House Visitor's Centre, inside the Yanchep National Park.
● Historic Bunkers
● Coastal Heath, Tuart forest and banksia woodlands
● Limestone Outcrops affording panoramic views
● Abundant Wildlife
Experienced Bush Walking Guide
Comprehensive First Aid Kit
Insurances & PLB
Yummy Home-Made Morning Tea
Photo's of your day on the trail
Transport to/from Yanchep National Park
Entry into Yanchep National Park - $13 per vehicle (contact us if you wish to car pool)
Items of a personal nature
- Minimum 2 litres of water
- Sturdy shoes/boots with good grip
- Sun Hat, Sunglasses, sunscreen (30+) and insect repellant
- Binoculars and camera (optional)
- Clothes to suit the activity and potential weather conditions including a water/windproof jacket
- Personal Medication/First Aid kit
- Walking Poles (optional)
- Tissues / Wet Ones (for toilet breaks in the bush)
- Something to carry your rubbish out (nothing gets left behind Leave No Trace)
Up to 48 hours - A refund will be provided
Less than 48 hours notice or no show - No Refund, unless we can fill your place
Update 19th September 2019 - ** Due to PayPal changing their policy to now retain fees even when we issue a refund we will be forced to pass this along. This means both partial and full refunds will be less the full fee charged by PayPal