This glorious Ascot Waters paddle takes us past Tranby House and Baigup Wetlands (intact riverside wetlands), under Garrat Rd bridge and through the Ascot Waters bird sanctuary...absolute bliss where at times you will feel like you are completely away from the city!
This is an easy exploratory paddle suitable for beginners, those with no experience at all, or experienced paddlers just looking to get out on the water and enjoy serenity & social time.
After meeting with our Kayak instructor and AW Host, a briefing will be conducted, then it's out on the water. You'll be on the water for approximately 2 - 2.5 hours in total, finishing off the morning with a social gathering and yummy morning tea back where the paddle started. There are toilets and shelters available here for your comfort.
Lead Guide - Leonie from Water Wanderers
Adventurous Women Host
All Kayaking & Safety Equipment
Yummy Morning Tea
Photo's of your experience
- Comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather that day
- Footwear that can get wet (or go barefoot)
- Sunscreen & Hat
- Water to drink while paddling
- Paddling Gloves - or Bike Gloves will do the job (Optional but helpful to protect the back of your hands from the sun)
- Change of clothes and towel for after paddling if you want
- A chair or towel to sit on if the shelters are all taken
Notice of cancellation must be in writing, with an email as an acceptable form of communication, directly to Adventurous Women with the following conditions:
No refund is available after departure of a tour has commenced.