Looking to challenge yourself? Need to train for a long distance hike? Looking to work off those Easter Chocolates? Our Easter Saturday Bibbulmun Track Hike could right up your alley!!
Join us on a full day hike starting from The Northern Terminus at Kalamunda, to Hewitts Hut Campsite and return.
Distance: 20.4 km approx (estimated 8 hours including lunch break & short rest stops)
Terrain: Steep in many sections & lengthy in terms of day walks - Suitable for fit bush walkers only, those training for a long distance hike, or those looking to challenge themselves, as the pace of the walk is generally faster than our normal pace to enable the group to complete in the time frame given.
Meeting Time: 7.45 am for a 8.00am start
Meeting Point: Bibbulmun Track Northern Terminus Kalamunda Kalamunda: From Perth, drive along the Great Eastern Highway to Kalamunda Rd. Turn right onto Canning Rd then left on to Mead St. The Northern Terminus is on the north-east side of the round-about at Mead St, Railway Rd, and Mundaring Weir Rd (Park in the Coles Carpark adjacent)
Limit of 12 places available.
● Hewett's Hill campsite, the first campsite heading south ... a popular picnic spot for day walkers.
● Flowing creeks & ferny gully's
● Mixed Jarrah & Wandoo Forest
● Grass Trees, Ferns, Wattle, Zamias just to name a few
● Stunning views over the valley
● Granite Outcrops and Boulders - great resting places
Experienced Bush Walking Guide
Comprehensive First Aid Kit
Insurances & PLB
Yummy Morning Tea
Photo's of your day on the trail
Transport to/from Perth Hills Discovery Centre (Contact us if you wish to car pool)
Lunch - (BYO)
- Minimum 3 litres of water
- Sturdy shoes/boots with good grip
- Sun Hat, Sunglasses, sunscreen (30+) and insect repellent
- Binoculars and camera (optional)
- Snacks and lunch
- Clothes to suit the activity and potential weather conditions including a water/windproof jacket
- Personal Medication/First Aid kit
- Walking Poles (optional)
- Tissues / Wet Ones (for toilet breaks in the bush)
- Something to carry your rubbish out (nothing gets left behind Leave No Trace)
Should you need to cancel
- Up to 7 Days Prior to Walk - A refund will be provided
- Under 7 Days Prior to the Walk - No Refund, unless we can fill your place.