The Ghost House Trail offers some of the best wilderness walking in Yanchep National Park. It takes us on a natural and cultural journey around the park's most pristine wetlands, namely Loch McNess and North Lake. The trail starts on the western side of Loch McNess on the Yanjidi Trail and finishes at the North Oval Car Park near Cabaret Cave. As we walk, we pass through grand examples of Tuart forest, banksia woodlands and coastal heath. The rocky limestone outcrops are a special feature along the trail and provide scenic vistas of the North Lake and it's surrounds.
After the walk, you may choose to stay on and enjoy a cuppa or even a late lunch at the Tea Rooms, enjoy a coldy in the beer garden at the Yanchep Inn, or perhaps explore the National Park some more, .... it's beautiful and has so much to offer the visitor.
Distance: Approx 12.4km in total (estimated 5 hours including rest breaks)
Terrain: Fairly flat bush track, sandy and rocky in some places however easy to navigate - moderate level of fitness required.
Meeting Point: Out the front of McNess House Visitor's Centre, inside the Yanchep National Park. On entry into the park, you will need to stop at the Entry Station and advise the Ranger that you are with the Adventurous Women ® ™ Group - they will then let you proceed into the park without payment, as your entry fee has been paid in advance by us.
AW Guide - Sue O'Connor PH: 0403 781 803
If you'd like to join this walk, please click on the BOOK NOW button
● Pristine Wetlands
● Coastal Heath, Tuart forest and banksia woodlands
● Limestone Outcrops affording beautiful views
● Abundant Wildlife
Yanchep National Park Entry Fees
Experienced Bush Walking Guide
Comprehensive First Aid Kit
Insurances & PLB
Yummy Home-Made Morning Tea .. with real coffee!
Photo's of your day on the trail
Transport to/from Yanchep National Park (Contact us if you wish to car pool)
Items of a personal nature
- Minimum 2 litres of water
- Sturdy shoes/boots with good grip
- Sun Hat, Sunglasses, sunscreen (30+) and insect repellant
- Binoculars and camera (optional)
- Clothes to suit the activity and potential weather conditions including a water/windproof jacket
- Personal Medication/First Aid kit
- Walking Poles (optional)
- Tissues / Wet Ones (for toilet breaks in the bush)
- Something to carry your rubbish out (nothing gets left behind Leave No Trace)
No refund is available after the walk has been paid for.