Join us on this moderate to challenging hike as we follow Lawnton Rd as it descends via fire trails under a spectacular forest of giant gums, passing through patches of cooling rainforest with birds nest ferns and orchids.
Our track will follow a circuit to our resting point of Northbrook Mt. Bush camp where we’ll start to enjoy the scenery that rolls off to the west, with glimpses of Wivenhoe Dam.
After a break we’ll continue on to the Northbrook Mt summit survey point which has great views to the south, and on a clear day you can see all the way through to the Scenic Rim.
On our return to the starting point we will enjoy a chat and treat from the AW pantry
Toilets are available at our meeting spot
● Exploring a new track, with spectacular views
● Challenging yourself just a bit more
● Remanents of the timber industry, from years gone by
● Walking with a supportive group
● Experienced AW guide
Adventurous Women ® Guides Chris and Robyn
AW treat back at the picnic ground on return
Photos of your day
Transport to and from.
- Sun Protection
- Hiking boots or trail runners
- Water, minimum 2 litres
- Personal First Aid Kit, which must include one 10cm wide elastic bandage/snake bandage
- Walking poles if required.
Notice of cancellation must be in writing, with an email as an acceptable form of communication, directly to Adventurous Women with the following conditions:
No refund is available after departure of a walk or tour has commenced.