This is a graded walking track to Mt Mitchell, one of two peaks on either side of Cunningham's Gap. It's a well worn track, heading through Rain forest & Eucalyptus Forest, rewarding us with great views of Main Range, the Moogerah Peaks and through to Mt Barney.
The walk is approximately 10kms return, of moderate grade for experienced bushwalkers and should us between 2.5 to 3 hours to complete. We will leave Brisbane at 7.00am by way of car-pooling, which we will assist in coordinating (meeting point to be determined by our AW walk host, Chris prior to commencement). Those car-pooling, it would be appreciated if passengers offer the driver money for fuel. The drive is 1.5 hours west of Brisbane.
Meeting Time: 7.00am
Meeting Place: McDonalds, Blunder Rd Oxley(near Bunnings)
Chris' Phone Number: is 0487 766 008, should you need to make contact.
This is a great opportunity to meet with our lovely Adventurous Women walk host, Chris and other like-minded women while enjoying being in the outdoors.
● Stunning views of Main Range, the Moogerah Peaks and through to Mt Barney
● The contrasts of Rain Forest and Eucalyptus Forest
● Abundant Wildlife & Birdlife
● Enjoying a great day outdoors with a bunch of like-minded women
Adventurous Women Walk Host, Chris
Tea & Coffee
Transport to/from Mt Mitchell (We will assist in arranging car-pooling for the group)
Items of a personal nature
- A warm layer as it can be cool when stopped
- At least 2 litres of water
- Sunscreen & Hat
- Sturdy footwear, preferably with ankle support
- Walking Poles if you use them (optional)
- Poncho or Rain Jacket (we walk even if raining)
- Personal first aid kit/blister tape
- Camera / Phone
- Change of clothes/small towel to leave in car just in case you get wet
No refund on Day Hikes once payment has been made.
Please ensure you read our complete cancellation policy before booking