Often regarded as the most impressive walking trail in the Blue Mountains, the Grand Canyon Walk will leave you in awe as you hike through lush rainforest with several creek crossings, waterfalls, huge sandstone walls and rock overhangs.
Constructed and opened to the public in 1907, the 6km long Grand Canyon walking track was the first of its kind and has since been challenged by thousands of hiking enthusiasts each year.
Our NSW Coordinator Deb will meet you just before 10.00am in The Grand Canyon Loop carpark - the car park is fairly large but she will be wearing a bright orange Adventurous Women ® ™ Cap for easy identification and her contact number will be supplied with your booking confirmation should you need to contact her.
Deb has completed several times this fabulaous walk several times or more and knows the track (and the Blue Mountains) like the back of her hand.
Make sure you bring your lunch along so we can enjoy a picnic at the end of the trail (weather permitting)
About The Walk:
Classified as Grade 3 - click the link to find out more about the grading system
Distance: 6.3km loop
Time Allocated: 3 - 4 hours
Gradient: Short steep hills
Steps: Many steps
Quality of Track: Formed Track
Experience Required: No experience required, however you should have a good level of general fitness as the walk can be challenging at times
For more information about the walking trail, grading, directions, travel time, maps etc - click here on the Parks NSW Website
● An intimate and adventurous track which walkers have trodden since 1907
● The heart of the World Heritage listed Blue Mountains
● Arresting sandstone walls, ever-present waterfalls and abundant native plants
● Spectacular Views
Adventurous Women® Walk Host
Transport to/from Blue Mountains
- Water, Sunscreen, Hat
- Your Lunch
- Good Walking Shoes/Boots
- Walking Poles if you generally use them
- All weather gear ie: windproof/waterproof jacket, fleece or warm windcheater (We walk even if cold and raining & will only cancel the walk if there is a severe weather warning and you will be contact should this occur)
- Change of clothes in case of rain - These can be stored in someoneâ€™s car if you decide to catch the train from Sydney and a taxi to the carpark.
Notice of cancellation must be in writing, with an email as an acceptable form of communication, directly to Adventurous Women with the following conditions:
No refund is available after departure of an event has commenced.
*Please note Paypal is now withholding fees when a refund is issued so the refund will be less the fee they charge