Whoâ€™s up for a Road Trip?
Weâ€™re heading out to WAâ€™s Wheatbelt Region during wildflower season and canâ€™t wait to share a couple of lesser known hiking trails with you â€¦. These are sure to impress!
Not only will these hikes get your blood pumping, you will be graced with spectacular views, abundant wildflower displays and an insight into the local history.
This is a full day out, including a two hour drive each way from Perth to Wongan Hills and return. The hiking component consists of approximately 4 hours on the trails, plus additional breaks for morning tea and lunch.
Our first hike is the Djidi Djidi in the Chittering Valley. This hidden walk trail is seasonally abundant in wildflowers and boasts fantastic views across the valley from the lookout at the top of the trail. Short and sweet, however steep in places - 1.5km, Grade 3.
Our second hike is Mt Matilda, just outside the wheatbelt town of Wongan Hills. This hike is listed as one of Trails WAâ€™s "Top Trailsâ€, boasting abundant wildflower displays, rocky outcrops and spectacular views. It is steep in sections and rocky underfoot - 7.9km, Grade 3.
● Mt Matilda Hiking Trail - Wildflowers, views from Speakers chair, Gimlet gully & red barked gimlets growing in profusion
● Mt O'Brien Lookout
● Djidi Djidi Ridge Trail - wildflowers, grasstrees, marri-wandoo woodland, heath vegetation, spectacular views
● Country Road Trip in the Wildflower Season
Adventurous Women Guide/Driver
Full First Aid Kit, PLB & Insurances
Transport throughout in 12 Seater Bus
2 x Guided Hikes
Yummy Morning Tea
Photos of your experience
Items of a personal nature
- 2-3 Litres of Water (minimum)
- Appropriate clothing for hiking & the weather conditions
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Hiking Boots or Walking Shoes with good grip
- Day Pack to carry your packed lunch, personal items, water and jacket/rain coat
- Tissues and ziplock bag to carry out waste (no toilets on the second walk)
- Hiking Poles (recommended)
- Trail Snacks
- Keep Cup for morning tea - we have some on hand should you not have one, or forget
- A Sense of Adventure
Notice of cancellation must be in writing, with an email as an acceptable form of communication, directly to Adventurous Women with the following conditions:
No refund is available after departure of a walk or tour has commenced.